Please practice safe hygiene and risk mitigation to keep everyone safe. More information from the Alberta Government can be here: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
Please continue to watch our website and social media platforms for any updates or announcements about SCRA news – and we will also aim to post as much good news as possible! THANK YOU to everyone for your ongoing patience and support. This has been an incredibly difficult end to the season for all of us, but we are a caring community that can rise to the challenge.
May 25, 2020: Ringette Alberta issued a memo on the status of Return to Ringette in Canada and Alberta.
MAY 20, 2020: SCRA emailed the following update to members today:
- Reminder that our AGM, which was originally planned for today at FCA, had to be cancelled due to COVID-19. We will announce a new date later this summer.
- We are in regular communication with Ringette Alberta, Ringette Calgary and the other local associations while working on tentative projections and plans for the upcoming season. Watch for a Ringette Alberta survey coming soon to parents and other ringette stakeholders to understand how everyone is feeling about a return to ringette.
- We are working on a safe equipment return plan. Your team managers will be contacted this week to organize a safe equipment return plan with you. This will include jerseys, goalie equipment, shot clocks and coach bags. Once we have clearance to access FCA, we will roll out the plan details to managers.
- Another email communication will come out in a few weeks with more information and updates on registration for next season.
MARCH 25, 2020: Ringette Alberta has advised that teams will receive a full refund of their paid registration fees for incomplete 2020 Ringette Alberta provincial championships, 2020 Western Canadian Ringette Championship and Canadian Ringette Championship. RAB has sent this message (and a link to their Refund Request form) to all applicable team contacts. Refunds will be provided to the initial payee.
MARCH 20, 2020: SCRA is working through many season-end tasks with everyone’s safety in mind. The following updates were emailed to members today:
Coach Survey: Check your inbox for the Coach Survey! Your comments / compliments / concerns are vitally important in supporting our association’s planning for next season. The survey will close April 30, 2020.
Jerseys / Coach Bags / Goalie Equipment / Shot Clocks: All families – please wash your SCRA jerseys and keep them in a safe place. If Team Managers have already collected jerseys that is great – please hang on to them. If Team Managers have not collected jerseys yet, please do not collect now. We don’t want you collecting items from your team until it is safe to do so. The return dates will be decided at a later date when we can ensure the utmost safety of all members.
Goalie Refunds: Head Coaches have been contacted to provide us with goalie information so we can process refunds. Once we have this information, goalie refunds will hopefully be issued by end of April given that our volunteers (coaches, treasury, cheque signers) are healthy and able to do so.
Registration for 2020/21: At this time, we are moving forward with tentative planning for various scenarios of next season. We expect registration will open in June 2020 and we are working on payment options, etc.
MARCH 18, 2020: Ringette Canada has released an FAQ document to help answer some questions.
MARCH 13, 2020: Ringette Alberta is cancelling all Ringette Alberta sanctioned events, including Provincial Championships, Regionals, Practices, Exhibition Games until further notice, effective 10:00 AM, March 13, 2020. Please refer to their bulletin for more information.
This weekend’s AS/U10 Friendship Tournament with SCRA and NW Ringette has been cancelled. Please refer to the information that has been emailed to all our AS / U10 teams.
► SCRA is currently working through many questions and next steps. A post-season update will come out next week and will cover off some questions some of you may have. (ie. goalie refunds, jersey returns, etc.)
MARCH 12, 2020: Please see this bulletin from Ringette Calgary released at 3:00pm today — this weekend’s Friendship Tournament and U12 Championships (as indicated in the memo) are still proceeding at this time. Further info on restrictions and public health measures is provided in this additional update as of 6:00pm March 12.
Ringette Alberta has advised that Provincial championships will proceed this weekend with public health measures in place. RAB is working directly with each host association to ensure recommendations of health officials are followed. Full announcement can be found on their website: https://ringettealberta.com/
MARCH 7, 2020: Immediate Handshake Procedure Change
In summary, Ringette Calgary is requesting an immediate change in protocol for the remainder of the season due to the recent Coronavirus case in Calgary:
- When shaking hands at the completion of the game, all players are required to keep their gloves on and “fist bump” the opposition versus the actual shaking of hands.
- Coaches and Officials do not need to shake hands however a wave, nod and “great game” to each other will be sufficient.
As well, please take the following precautions to prevent the spread of viruses:
- Do not share drinks or water bottles
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Use good hygiene practices, such as frequent hand washing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill