While we can’t be on the ice together right now, there are still many ways we can all continue team building and showing our SCRA spirit! Tell us what you’re doing as a team to keep in touch, stay in shape and have fun — send us your pics / videos to share on our social media — or tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
Below are some ideas to consider that are inspired by the True Sport Principles:
Stay connected with your teammates with some fun social time!
- Play some board games, trivia or have a dance party with your teammates online (ie. Zoom, Facetime, etc) — Other suggestions from our SCRA members to check out:
- Have an online movie & pizza party together
- NetFlix Party
- Watch some ringette games together on Youtube!
- Ringette Canada — Canadian Ringette Championships 2015-2017
- Check out our Fun & Games page for some Ringette-themed word puzzles, crafts and dice games that you can do together!
Keep active with your teammates online!
- Join the SCRA online workouts every Tuesday evening from Dec 15 to Jan 5! Check your email for the info and Zoom links
- Get your teammates moving with a squat-jump challenge (or jumping jacks, push ups, wall-sits, etc.)
- Work together with your team to reach a combined goal of taking 10,000 practice shots or running 100 kms!
- Get together with your teammates for an online workout together (ie. lead your own workout or follow a workout on Youtube)
Mobilize your teammates with a project to give back to our community!
- Set up a donation bin on your front porch and rally your team to safely collect donations for organizations like the Calgary Food Bank, the Veterans Association Food Bank, or the Calgary Drop-In Centre “Fill-a-Sock”
- Be a snow angel! Challenge your teammates to help out their neighbours by shovelling their sidewalks
- Have an online team Christmas Party and then donate your gifts (ie. Toy Mountain, Women’s Centre Toy Room)
- Write letters and cards to Seniors in care facilities
Do you have other ideas? Share them with us on social media!