Questions? Please contact VPoperations@southcalgaryringette.com.
Children’s Ringette includes Active Start, U10 and U12. The focus throughout Children’s Ringette is on fun and maximum participation.
For the 2019-20 season:
- Active Start will play 3 vs 3 plus goalies, cross-ice games, when games are played.
- U10 Step 1 will play 3 vs 3 plus goalies, half-ice games
- U10 Step 2, U10 Step 3 and U12 will remain on full ice
- U12 players will end their season with a league championship rather than a provincial championship.
For more information on Children’s Ringette, go to www.yourringette.ca/children/ or visit our previous blog post at https://southcalgaryringette.com/2019/02/22/information-on-changes-to-ringette/ .
Active Start and U10 Step 1
Starting in the 2019/2020 season, U10 Step 1 will be playing Half-Ice games and Active Start will be playing Cross-Ice games.
► Ringette Calgary has info on Active Start and U10 Step 1 on their website:
- Also check out the Ringette Calgary Rules & Regulations “Section XII. MODIFICATION OF RULES FOR ACTIVE START and U10 (all Steps)” : https://ringettecalgary.ca/docs/rulesregs.pdf
► Ringette Alberta also has important info for all officials that will be officiating Half-Ice and CrossIce games, assignors that will be scheduling officials, and coaches that will be on the ice for these games.
► RAB has also printed Game Sheets specific to the U10S1 game, as there is no goal reporting or penalty reporting. It is a simplified game sheet that is available in the RAB online store: https://ringettealberta.com/products/cross-half-ice-game-sheets/