Children’s Ringette includes Active Start, U10 and U12. The focus of the Children’s Ringette program is on fun and maximum participation.
The Children’s Ringette program was introduced in the 2019/20 season and is applicable to all associations in Alberta — check our Feb 2019 blog post for more info on the history of these changes: https://southcalgaryringette.com/2019/02/22/information-on-changes-to-ringette/ .
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Ringette Calgary Children’s Ringette coordinator at email@example.com
For the 2020/21 season
- Active Start will play 3 vs 3 plus goalies on a cross-ice format
- U10 Step 1 and Step 2 will play 3 vs 3 plus goalies on a half-ice format
- U10 Step 3 and U12 will remain on full ice format with 5 vs 5 plus goalies
- U12 teams will end their season with City Playoffs and a Regional Championship
Coach Resources – Cross Ice / Half Ice
- RAB’s Children’s Ringette website has lots of FAQs and info on ice markings, game format, and officiating: www.yourringette.ca/children/
- RAB overview document with info for all officials that will be officiating Half-Ice and CrossIce games, assignors that will be scheduling officials, and coaches that will be on the ice for these games: https://ringettealberta.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Childrens-Ringette-Overview-for-officiating.pdf
- RAB has also printed Game Sheets specific to the Cross / Half-Ice game formats, as there is no goal reporting or penalty reporting. It is a simplified game sheet that is available in the RAB online store: https://ringettealberta.com/products/cross-half-ice-game-sheets/
- Also check out the Ringette Calgary Rules & Regulations “Section XII. MODIFICATION OF RULES FOR ACTIVE START and U10 (all Steps)” : https://ringettecalgary.ca/docs/rulesregs.pdf