► Online application is now CLOSED for 2022/23
All coaches and on-ice assistants MUST complete an online application. For information about our on-ice roles, please check the Coach Manual and the Team Staff Structure resources in the sections below.
Coaching questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
► Head Coaches/Managers: Use the “SportzSoft Team Login” to view your team’s schedule and other functions in the SportzSoft TeamWeb portal. Contact VP Admin if any issues with access.
Coach Certifications & Requirements:
- Ringette Canada – Coaching Website
- Ringette Alberta – Coach Certifications
- Ringette Alberta – Code of Conduct for Coaches
- Ringette Alberta – Return to Ringette: Roles & Responsibilities
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Info
- “Rule of Two” Infographic – Coach.ca (See also: RAB Code of Conduct article 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11)
Referees and Rules:
- Ringette Canada – Official Rule Book
- Ringette Alberta – On-Ice Officials Signals
- Ringette Alberta – Levels of Officials
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Feedback Form (Compliments/Concerns)
SCRA Coach Manual & Resources
Police Information Checks
Police checks require updating every three years from date of issue.
- SCRA Screening Policy (and SCRA Screening Policy – Schedule A )
- Applying for a Police Check
- SCRA PIC Volunteer Letter
- Calgary Police Service PIC Applications – submit application, check status, share completed PIC with organizations
Some sample practice plans are provided below — please contact our VP Development if you have other practice plans that you would like to share.
- Ringette Calgary – practice plan sheet template
- Ringette Alberta – Coaching Resources (practice plans, game strategies, and more)
- Ringette Alberta Youtube – Coaching Resources playlist
- Ringette Canada – Active Start
- Ringette Canada – U10
- SCRA – AS / U10
- Ringette Canada – U12
- Ringette Canada – U14
- Ringette Canada – U16 / U19
- National Ringette School – Drills – Goalie, Triangle, Shooting, Breakouts, etc
- Goalies – see our Goalie Development page for specific drills and tips
- Coaches are encouraged to attend these sessions to help on the ice and learn skills to take back to your own practices. Coaches should be incorporating powerskating skills into every practice plan.
- Coaches can contact the service provider 1-2 days prior to your scheduled session to advise of any specific skills you would like the athletes to work on.
- FT Goalies are encouraged to attend the powerskating sessions with their team. Skating is a critical skill for every player.
- Sample drills for dryland practices are available below
- NOTE — SCRA does not have gym contracts for the 2022/23 season. Teams are welcome to pursue their own dryland preferences using their team funds.