Want to be a Head Coach, Assistant Coach or On-Ice Helper? ► Please complete our 2020/21 online application for on-ice roles. For information about our on-ice roles, please check the Coach Manual and the Team Staff Structure resources in the sections below. (Note: Junior Coaches will have a separate application. See our Junior Coaches page for more info.)
Coaching questions? Please contact email@example.com.
We understand the level of commitment, time, and emotional energy that goes into coaching a team and know the decision to volunteer for this position is not made lightly. As such, we are equally committed to ensure our coaches are fairly selected, receive access to quality training and are supported throughout the year.
- Ringette Canada – Coaching Website
- Ringette Alberta – Coach Certifications
- Ringette Alberta – Coaching Resources
- Ringette Alberta – Code of Conduct for Coaches
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Info
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Ringette Alberta – Levels of Officials
► Ringette Alberta has lots of videos on their Coaching Resources playlist on YouTube!
Coach Manual & Resources
Police Information Checks
Police checks require updating every three years from date of issue.
Calgary Police Service – PIC: https://policeinformationcheck.calgarypolice.ca/
Gym Practices / Power Skating
SCRA works to establish contracts with service providers for powerskating and dryland gym practices. These development opportunities will be added to each team’s schedule on Sportzsoft.
- Coaches are encouraged to attend these sessions to help on the ice and learn skills to take back to your own practices
- Coaches can contact the service provider 1-2 days prior to your scheduled session to advise of any specific skills you would like to work on
- Sample drills and important notes for the gym practices are available below
- Before your gym practice, please be sure to check the important notes for the specific gym you are using to ensure your team brings the required equipment.