Want to be a Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Non-Cohort Coach or On-Ice Helper? ► The application for on-ice roles for the 2021/22 season will open closer to the summer. All coaches and on-ice helpers MUST complete an online application. For information about our on-ice roles, please check the Coach Manual and the Team Staff Structure resources in the sections below.
Coaching questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Coach Certifications & Requirements:
- Ringette Canada – Coaching Website
- Ringette Alberta – Coach Certifications
- Ringette Alberta – Code of Conduct for Coaches
- Ringette Alberta – Return to Ringette: Roles & Responsibilities
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Info
- “Rule of Two” Infographic – Coach.ca
Referees and Rules:
- Ringette Canada – Official Rule Book
- Ringette Alberta – On-Ice Officials Signals
- Ringette Alberta – Levels of Officials
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Feedback Form (Compliments/Concerns)
SCRA Coach Manual & Resources
Police Information Checks
Police checks require updating every three years from date of issue.
- SCRA Screening Policy (and SCRA Screening Policy – Schedule A )
- Applying for a Police Check
- SCRA PIC Volunteer Letter
- Calgary Police Service PIC Applications – submit application, check status, share completed PIC with organizations
Some sample practice plans are provided below — please contact our VP Development if you have other practice plans that you would like to share.
- Ringette Calgary – practice plan sheet template
- Ringette Alberta – Coaching Resources (practice plans, game strategies, and more)
- Ringette Alberta Youtube – Coaching Resources playlist
- Ringette Canada – Active Start
- Ringette Canada – U10
- SCRA – AS / U10
- Ringette Canada – U12
- Ringette Canada – U14
- Ringette Canada – U16 / U19
- National Ringette School – Drills – Goalie, Triangle, Shooting, Breakouts, etc
- Goalies – see our Goalie Development page for specific drills and tips
Gym Practices / Power Skating
SCRA works to establish contracts with service providers for powerskating and dryland gym practices. These development opportunities will be added to each team’s schedule on Sportzsoft. (NOT APPLICABLE FOR 2020/21 SEASON)
- Coaches are encouraged to attend these sessions to help on the ice and learn skills to take back to your own practices
- Coaches can contact the service provider 1-2 days prior to your scheduled session to advise of any specific skills you would like to work on
- Sample drills and important notes for the gym practices are available below
- Before your gym practice, please be sure to check the important notes for the specific gym you are using to ensure your team brings the required equipment.
- NOTE — GYM CONTRACTS ARE NOT APPLICABLE FOR 2020/21 SEASON — SCRA GYM RINGETTE EQUIPMENT HAS NOT BEEN DISTRIBUTED TO PREVIOUS VENUES