SCRA Coach Orientation Meeting – Sept 22 @ 8pm – check your inbox for Zoom invite
Ringette Calgary mandatory Coach Meeting – TBA
Want to be a Head Coach, Assistant Coach or On-Ice Helper? ► Please complete our 2020/21 online application for on-ice roles. For information about our on-ice roles, please check the Coach Manual and the Team Staff Structure resources in the sections below.
Coaching questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Facility Protocols: https://ringettecalgary.ca/covid/facility-protocols/
- Sharing Ice with a Non-Cohort Team: Sharing Ice with Different Cohort
- Non-Cohort Team Staff
- Consequences & Safety Measures
Coach Certifications & Requirements:
- Ringette Canada – Coaching Website
- Ringette Alberta – Coach Certifications
- Ringette Alberta – Code of Conduct for Coaches
- Ringette Alberta – Return to Ringette: Roles & Responsibilities
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Info
Referees and Rules:
- Ringette Canada – Official Rule Book
- Ringette Alberta – On-Ice Officials Signals
- Ringette Alberta – Levels of Officials
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Feedback Form (Compliments/Concerns)
SCRA Coach Manual & Resources
Police Information Checks
Police checks require updating every three years from date of issue.
- SCRA Screening Policy (and SCRA Screening Policy – Schedule A )
- Applying for a Police Check
- SCRA PIC Volunteer Letter
- Calgary Police Service PIC Applications – submit application, check status, share completed PIC with organizations
Some sample practice plans are provided below — please contact our VP Development if you have other practice plans that you would like to share.
- Ringette Calgary – practice plan sheet template
- Ringette Alberta – Coaching Resources (practice plans, game strategies, and more)
- Ringette Alberta Youtube – Coaching Resources playlist
- Ringette Canada – Active Start
- Ringette Canada – U10
- SCRA – AS / U10
- Ringette Canada – U12
- Ringette Canada – U14
- Ringette Canada – U16 / U19
Gym Practices / Power Skating
SCRA works to establish contracts with service providers for powerskating and dryland gym practices. These development opportunities will be added to each team’s schedule on Sportzsoft.
- Coaches are encouraged to attend these sessions to help on the ice and learn skills to take back to your own practices
- Coaches can contact the service provider 1-2 days prior to your scheduled session to advise of any specific skills you would like to work on
- Sample drills and important notes for the gym practices are available below
- Before your gym practice, please be sure to check the important notes for the specific gym you are using to ensure your team brings the required equipment.