Welcome to our resource hub for members to connect with information about our operations and external Return to Ringette info sources. Some of the info may be date specific due to the rapidly changing situation. We will try to keep it updated as any latest information become available.
► Please practice safe hygiene and risk mitigation to keep everyone safe. More information from the Alberta Government can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- Apr 15, 2021 – This afternoon it was announced by Dr. Hinshaw that there will be a two week pause on all extracurricular indoor youth sports for grade 7 – 12 youth in the Municipality of Calgary beginning on Monday, April 19th. Please watch for an email with further info for our Spring Ringette Program. As always, please continue to strictly follow all AHS public health orders, respect the safety requirements at FCA and refer to our previous emails for the other safety protocols. For more info about today’s announcement and the “Additional Measures for Calgary youth in grades 7 to 12”, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
- Apr 8, 2021 – SCRA Spring Ringette is changing to full ice format! The modified Step 1 restrictions were changed back this afternoon to once again allow more than one youth group of 10 participants per indoor surface – however we have decided to proceed with moving to a full ice format for all weekly sessions as a safeguard against future changes. For most of our spring groups, there will be no change or very minimal change to your previously scheduled ice time. There are only a couple groups who we needed to reschedule to a new day, and we have already contacted those coaches directly. Please see our email update for more info, and continue to watch your RAMP Team App for updates to your player’s ice session schedule. As always, please continue to strictly follow all AHS public health orders and the safety requirements at FCA. We want to ensure we continue our great relationship with FCA, and the health and safety of their staff as well as our coaches, players and families is a top concern. Please refer to our previous emails for the safety requirements.
- Apr 8, 2021 – Since our email update yesterday, the modified Step 1 restrictions have changed again. It appears that, effective immediately, the restrictions pertaining to youth sports now allow only one youth group of 10 participants per indoor playing surface at a time. This impacts our ability to run two groups on a half ice format. Flames Community Arena is also awaiting their final confirmation on this change. As a precaution, and as we wait, we are in discussions with FCA to secure additional ice to accommodate the new restrictions. Please stay tuned for further updates as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and share the frustration caused by this sudden change. We are aiming to have further info to share before the next upcoming sessions on Friday.
- Apr 6, 2021 – After today’s announcement of the COVID-19 restrictions moving to a modified Step 1, we know many of you may be wondering about the impact to our Spring Ringette Program. At this time, the restrictions pertaining to youth sports remain the same as previous, and our program is able to go forward with the existing socially-distanced format that is currently in place. Please refer to our previous Spring Program emails for further info.
- 2020/21 Season Update – blog post with announcement regarding the end to the 2020/21 regular season
- FAQs – Team Cohorts, Safety Officers and more – blog post updated during the 2020/21 regular season with info for common questions on season restrictions / updates, cohorts, coaches, rosters, game play, etc
- Return to Ringette – What will it look like? – blog post with an overview of the Return to Ringette guidelines
- Updates to COVID-19 Response – blog post that provided updates about SCRA operations following end of 2019/20 season and 2020/21 pre-season
Government of Alberta
- APR 6, 2021 ► Moving to “modified Step 1” public health measures: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
- Ringette Canada’s COVID-19 Resource Hub – guidelines, tools and checklists
- Ringette Canada: recorded webinar on Insurance / Legal Issues and COVID-19
- RAB’s Return to Ringette web page – guidelines, resources, links
- Ringette Alberta Supplement to National Direction (version 2.0 Oct 29, 2020) – mini-league cohorts, travel restrictions, masks, distancing, spectators, symptoms flowchart, etc.
- Sharing Ice with Teams in Different Cohorts
- Non-Cohort Team Staff
- Consequences & Safety Measures
- Assumption of Risk (minor)
- Waiver (adult)
- RAB Daily Health Check Form
- COVID-19 ALBERTA HEALTH DAILY CHECKLIST (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18)
- RAB: Form to notify of participation in TWO Ringette Cohorts
ARCHIVE – RAB Memos & Updates:
- JAN 19 ► RAB Memo: Season End Scenario
- DEC 14 ► RAB Memo: Further Restrictions by Province – no organized in-person ringette activities are permitted until further notice
- NOV 25 ► RAB Memo: Public Health Measures Announced by the Province November 24, 2020 effective for at least 3 weeks (Dec 18)
- NOV 20 ► RAB Memo: Update Related to public health measures announced by the Province Nov 12
- NOV 12 ► RAB Memo: Temporary shutdown of indoor team sports Nov 13-27
- OCT 9 ► Video recording of RAB meeting re: League Expectations and Officiating
- SEP 10 ► MEMO: Policy Variance Notice: Tiering Policy & Team Advance / Retreat Policy
- Important Update / New Information: Return to Ringette – Sept 1 update
- Return to Play – August 21 update (Non-cohort team staff, Consequences & Safety Measures, Waivers, and more)
- Ringette Alberta Supplement Released – July 30 update
- Return to Ringette update – July 24 update
- Unsanctioned Events reminder – June 29 memo
- Return to Ringette update – June 9 memo
- Return to Ringette update – June 5 memo
- Return to Ringette update – May 25 memo