Evaluations for the 2019/20 season will begin Monday, September 2, 2019. Please refer to the information posted below and take note of your athlete’s possible ice times.
- Volunteer sign up links have been sent out – check your inboxes!
- Universal Athletic Assessments for the U10-U14 age groups will be held on Monday, September 2, 2019. Your assigned ice time will be communicated by email before the September Labour Day Weekend.
- Evaluation Game-Play Sessions will begin as early as Tuesday, September 3, 2019 for some age groups.
- Evaluations are mandatory for all age groups, including the Universal Athletic Assessments for U10-U14. Every attempt should be made to attend. Athletes who do not attend evaluations are not automatically awarded a position on a desired team.
- Final placement of players is subject to the discretion of the Evaluation Committee and has the support of the South Calgary Ringette Association Board.
Concerns and questions should be directed to the Evaluations Coordinator, not to our evaluation volunteers. Parents are asked to use the 24 hour rule where possible: please wait 24 hours before sending any concerns. SCRA will not tolerate any harassment toward any of the volunteers. Disciplinary action will be taken.
Please be considerate. Evaluations are a very stressful time for many of our young athletes. Parents are asked to remember the Respect in Sport principles and be considerate of the athletes, other parents and volunteers. Please refrain from excessive cheering, yelling, and other disruptive behaviours during this process.
Age Group Coordinators:
|U16 / 19||TBA|
UAA Testing utilizes four different skill testing stations. Details of these tests can be found on the Ringette Alberta website: https://ringettealberta.com/universal-athlete-assessment/
- Station 1: Forward & Backward Speed Skate (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 2: Agility Weave with a Ring (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 3: Parallel Start & Stop (U10, U12, U14)
- Station 4: Butterfly Transitional Skate (U12, U14)
Friend Request forms will be accepted for players in AS and players who are new to the sport. As always, friend requests can not be guaranteed. The form must be signed by both families and then submitted to your Age Group Coordinator before the end of evaluations.