The Evaluation Process Summary and the Ice Schedule will be posted later this summer with full details. Note that plans can change subject to changes in ice availability, final numbers after AA Ringette results, and other impacts. The following are a few general points to note:
- Schedule – Please check the Evaluation Process & Schedule for the most up-todate schedule for the 2022/23 season.
- Player evaluations typically run approx September 1 through to September 15. The older age group game play sessions to begin after Calgary AA Ringette tryouts are finished.
- UAA testing for U10 – U14 skaters will be mandatory. (See the UAA section)
- AS players will be evaluated at one ice time and placed on balanced teams based on relative skill level and birth year.
- U10 players will be evaluated and placed on balanced teams in Step 1, Step 2 or Step 3 based on evaluation data and birth year.
- U12-U14 players will be evaluated and placed on tiered teams based on evaluation data only. FT Goalies in U12 and U14 will also have a goalie skills session.
- U16-U19 head coaches will be selected after the evaluation sessions are completed to facilitate a draft process for forming tiered teams informed by player rankings.
- Final placement of players is subject to the discretion of the Evaluation Committee and has the support of the South Calgary Ringette Association Board.
Returning from Calgary AA Ringette tryouts? Please contact our VP Registration immediately to notify us if your SCRA registered player has been released from the Calgary AA Ringette tryouts. You will need to bring your account up to date so we can include your player in our evaluation process.
Please stay safe and be considerate to everyone.
- Unless you have an AS/U10 aged player on the ice, parents are asked to consider NOT remaining in the spectator areas during your player’s ice time. The past few years of social distancing has shown us that it helps create a much less stressful environment for our players and evaluators.
- Please note that SCRA will not tolerate any harassment or mistreatment of volunteers, members, players or facility staff. Evaluations can be a stressful time for our young athletes and volunteers. Please be considerate.
Questions? Most questions can be answered by reading information available on our website. If you still have questions, your first point of contact should be your Age Group Coordinator or the Evaluations Coordinator at email@example.com. Parents are asked to use the 24 hour rule where possible: please wait 24 hours before sending any concerns. SCRA will not tolerate harassment toward any volunteers.