Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support the development of goalies, SCRA provides goalie clinics during the season to offer goalie specific training to all full time and part time goalies. It is recommended that a coach also attends the clinics with their goalie to learn the skills to take back to your own practices.
For the 2019/20 season, we are pleased to offer the following goalie clinics with a BILT instructor. SCRA goalies from all age groups (U10-U19) are welcome to sign up to attend these sessions. ** We are also looking for a few SCRA U14 or U16 shooters to sign up to assist at the clinics.
- Thursday, October 3, 2019, from 6:45pm to 7:45pm in FCA – Red
- Thursday, November 7, 2019, from 6:45pm to 7:45pm in FCA – Red
- Thursday, December 5, 2019, from 6:45pm to 7:45pm in FCA – Red
- If your child is interested in trying the goalie position, why not encourage them to try something they might enjoy? Especially in the AS to U12 age groups, please avoid negative or fearful comments. We encourage you to set them up with positive support and language.
- Being a goalie is a physically demanding position that builds physical strength, stamina, agility, flexibility and mental resilience. Your child will continue to get lots of exercise as a goalie.
- Goalie equipment is provided to all teams in U12 and below (and to older teams as needed). Your Full-Time or Part-Time goalie is welcome to use the team gear. However, many FT goalies prefer to have their own gear that fits them properly and that they can use for other training sessions or off-season camps.
- To support and encourage our goalies, SCRA provides a goalie refund at the end of the season for goalies in age divisions U12 and up. The flat refund is $600 for FT goalies, and $250 for PT goalies that play 50% or more as confirmed by the head coach at the end of the season.
- If your child is registered as a PT goalie, it will depend on your team’s specific situation for how much playing time they will get in net. If you don’t have a FT goalie on your team, your PT goalie will likely get to play in net much more often. Talk to your coach.
- Encouraging as many goalies as possible at the Children’s Ringette (AS-U12) level is critical to address the shortage of goalies in the older age groups (U14-U19).
- In AS and U10, all players should be given the opportunity to play the position.
- In U12, even if your team has a FT goalie, it is strongly recommended that you encourage any PT goalies or other interested players on your team to play the position. (ie. serve as your team’s back up goalie instead of using an affiliate, attend the goalie clinics, dress as a second goalie for full-ice practices).
- See the Ringette Alberta website for their notes on Goaltender Development: https://ringettealberta.com/goaltender-development/