► Online application for the 2022/23 season is now open: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2223jrcoach
No experience is needed to be a Junior Coach, however there are some requirements as outlined below (subject to any changes by Ringette Alberta each year):
- Junior Coaches must be a minimum of 14 years old, and must be a maximum of 17 years old at the start of the season (ie. can turn 18 during the season). If less than age 14, you can apply to join mid-season upon turning 14 providing there is still time within the team staff registration deadline with RAB.
- Junior Coaches must be currently playing on a team, or played on a team last year.
- Junior Coaches aged 16+ must have a police check on file with SCRA.
- Junior Coaches are required to complete the Coach Initiation eModule. Info can be found on the Ringette Alberta website under “Coaching Courses”.
► Junior Coach Manual – Want to learn more about the Junior Coach role? Check out this resource created by a Junior Coach, for Junior Coaches!
You can also learn more in these blog posts:
- Junior Coach Manual special project: https://southcalgaryringette.com/2021/03/29/scra-jr-coach-manual-written-by-a-jr-coach-for-jr-coaches/
- Junior Coach shares her experience: https://southcalgaryringette.com/2020/05/21/junior-coach-shares-her-experience/
Questions? Please email email@example.com for more information on the Junior Coaching program.