Questions related to managing your team? Contact our Manager Liaison(s) for tips and support during the season: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Manager Handbook
The Manager plays a very key role in the operation of a team. The role of the Manager is a liaison between Parents and Coaches. Managers coordinate the team activities with all parent volunteers, communicate ice schedules of game times and practices to the parents, and other team activities throughout the season.
Team Safety Officer
The Team Safety Officer supports your team to adhere to the safety protocols and monitor the health checks, attendance tracking and other mandatory requirements. All teams must collect the waivers (adults) and assumption of risk forms (minors) for all cohort participants/members. (A mandatory e-waiver has also been sent out from the RAMP system to all members, but it is good to also have the paper waivers signed as well.)
Ringette Alberta requires all teams in Alberta to use the RAMP Team App to track attendance and complete the health screening for every team event. Contact our SCRA Safety Officers to have your team admin set up with access to the RAMP Team App.
- Consequences & Safety Measures
- Ringette Alberta – Daily Health Check Form
- COVID19 Assumption of Risk (Minor)
- COVID19 Waiver (Adult)
- Ringette Canada – Attendance / Contact Tracing Form
- What To Do if a Participant Feels Ill at a Ringette Activity
- COVID-19 AHS Self Assessment Decision Making
- Reporting a Positive Case of COVID-19
FACILITY SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Ringette Calgary (Zone 3): https://ringettecalgary.ca/covid/facility-protocols/
- Medicine Hat arena protocols: https://www.mhringette.com/rinksafety
- Lethbridge arena protocols: https://www.lethbridge.ca/Things-To-Do/Arenas-Ice-Centres/Pages/default.aspx
► Please contact our SCRA Safety Officers for questions:
AS-U12: Madhu Hayer – email@example.com
U14-U19: Leanne Park – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return to Ringette webpage
- Critical Dates
- Critical Dates
- Game Reporting
- Tournament Blocks / Game Rescheduling – see Ringette Calgary policies
- Forms – tournament attendance, game reschedules, etc
- Coaches Info
- Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Referee Feedback Form (Compliments/Concerns)
- Arena locations / wired shot clocks / small nets
- Facility Safety Protocols: https://ringettecalgary.ca/covid/facility-protocols/
Insurance / Medical Links
- Ringette Alberta – Insurance Coverage (FAQs, Accident Claim Form)
- Ringette Alberta – Injuries Reporting and Prevention
- Ringette Canada – Concussion Info and Reporting (Concussion Policy, Reporting Form)
- Ringette Canada – Reporting a Positive Case of COVID-19
Ice Scheduling FAQs
Our ice schedulers work very hard to ensure practice ice schedules balance out across the season for teams within each age division. All teams will receive their share of “non-prime” ice times: AS-U12 tend to get the early morning ice times and U14-U19 tend to get the late evening ice times.
Why are practice ice schedules released in stages?
- Our ice schedulers are unable to schedule practice ice until we know league game schedules for the 1st half of the season and then again for the 2nd half of the season.
- Game reschedules, tournament blocks, and playoff schedules have a similar domino effect on our ability to schedule practice ice. Practice schedules are released in stages to lessen the impact of these fluctuations.
- If your team adds tournament blocks or game reschedules in your schedule, know that practice ice times for your team and other teams may be impacted as we adjust schedules accordingly. Our ice schedulers will ensure your practice ice balances out, however the assigned time slots or rink locations could be impacted.
Can our team cancel an assigned practice ice time?
No. If you have a practice ice time that your team can’t use, there are a couple options:
- Is it a shared practice? Contact the other team to offer them the full ice.
- Put the practice ice time in the “Practice Pool” to offer it to other SCRA teams, however you are still responsible for the ice time if no one takes it. (Note: This is NOT for game reschedules.) See the Practice Pool pdf for instructions.
What do the shared ice codes in our SportzSoft schedule mean?
Please note in SportzSoft that the team you are sharing an ice time with will be listed as the visitor. If your practice time states:
- x15s – you have 15 minutes full ice at the start
- x15e – you have 15 minutes full ice at the end
- If it does not list another team as the visitor and says “practice” you have full ice