ATTN MANAGERS ► SCRA news and updates related to COVID-19 response
Questions related to managing your team? Contact our Manager Liaison for tips and support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Manager plays a very key role in the operation of a team. The role of the Manager is a liaison between Parents and Coaches. Managers coordinate the team activities with all parent volunteers, communicate ice schedules of game times and practices to the parents, and other team activities throughout the season.
- Ringette Calgary – Critical Dates
- Ringette Calgary – Game Reporting
- Ringette Calgary – Forms
- Ringette Calgary – Coaches Info
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Booking Info (Exhibition / Tournaments)
- Ringette Calgary – Referee Feedback Form (Compliments/Concerns)
- Ringette Calgary – Arena locations / wired shot clocks / small nets
Insurance / Medical Links
- Ringette Alberta – Insurance Coverage (FAQs, Accident Claim Form)
- Ringette Alberta – Injuries Reporting and Prevention
- Ringette Canada – Concussion Info and Reporting (Concussion Policy, Reporting Form)
Ice Scheduling FAQs
Our ice schedulers work very hard to ensure practice ice schedules balance out across the season for teams within each age division. All teams will receive their share of “non-prime” ice times: AS-U12 tend to get the early morning ice times and U14-U19 tend to get the late evening ice times.
Why are practice ice schedules released in stages?
- Our ice schedulers are unable to schedule practice ice until we know league game schedules for the 1st half of the season and then again for the 2nd half of the season.
- Game reschedules, tournament blocks, and playoff schedules have a similar domino effect on our ability to schedule practice ice. Practice schedules are released in stages to lessen the impact of these fluctuations.
- If your team adds tournament blocks or game reschedules in your schedule, know that practice ice times for your team and other teams may be impacted as we adjust schedules accordingly. Our ice schedulers will ensure your practice ice balances out, however the assigned time slots or rink locations could be impacted.
Can our team cancel an assigned practice ice time?
- No. If you have a practice ice time that your team can’t use, there are a couple options:
► Is it a shared practice? Contact the other team to offer them the full ice.
► Put the practice ice time in the “Practice Pool” to offer it to other SCRA teams, however you are still responsible for the ice time if no one takes it. (Note: This is NOT for game reschedules.) See the Practice Pool pdf for instructions.