Adhering to the safety protocols is EVERYONE’S responsibility. Non-compliance by any members can mean we lose our ice contract with that facility for the season. Please see the important info below and continue to check our COVID-19 Info Hub for the latest announcements about Return to Ringette information.
Need more help? Please contact our SCRA Safety Coordinators with any questions: SafetyCoordinator@southcalgaryringette.com
Team Safety Officers
2021/22 UPDATE ► all teams are asked to designate a Team Safety Officer to serve as their appointed organizer / representative for providing the required verifications for entering the arenas.
The Team Safety Officer supports your team to adhere to the safety protocols and other mandatory requirements.
- Attendance tracking is mandatory for all team events and activities including practices, games, social events, etc. A tracking app such as TeamSnap is sufficient.
- Tracking and submitting COVID health checks is not required at this time. Individual families must do their own health check before every team event and make their own decisions in accordance with the current health protocols. We are NOT using the RAMP Team App this season for attendance tracking and health checks.
- Proof of vaccination, proof of a privately paid negative PCR, or documentation of a medical exemption is required to enter all arenas as of Sept 23 by orders of City of Calgary Vaccine Passport Bylaw.
- NOTE: Some arenas may only accept proof of vaccination. See the links below to facilities where SCRA often has practice / game ice scheduled to check their specific protocols.
- MASKS are mandatory for all indoor public areas including recreation facilities by order of City of Calgary Face Covering Bylaw. See the Ringette Calgary mask mandate for further info. Coaches must wear a mask at all times — on the ice, on the bench, in the dressing room, etc.
Links to Arenas / Facility Protocols
FACILITY PROTOCOLS: Please be aware of the protocols at each facility you visit. Below is a list of arenas where SCRA often has ice scheduled, or check the Ringette Calgary list of facility protocols for info on vaccination requirement, spectator capacity, entry time.
Please be familiar with the current protocols and requirements for these and all facilities depending on your team’s schedule.
- YMCA Seton and Rocky Ridge
- Flames Community Arenas
- West Hillhurst
- City of Calgary facilities (ie. Optimist/George Blundun, Southland, Great Plains, Norma Bush/FDB, Shouldice, Stu Peppard, Stew Hendry/Henry Viney, etc.)
- Seven Chiefs SportsPlex
- Crowchild Twin Arena
- NES (North East SportsPlex) / Don Hartman
These hard copy forms are provided in case teams need to use paper & pen as a back-up in the event of an unexpected technology issue with their tracking app, etc. Team Managers / Safety Officers should keep some blank copies on hand just in case.