ATTN PARENTS & PLAYERS ► SCRA news and updates related to COVID-19 response
Need help finding an arena?
Check out this link from Ringette Calgary: https://ringettecalgary.ca/league/arenas/
Tips for Parents
There are many ways that parents can support their player and team by being informed and involved.
2. Check out the Ringette Calgary website for the league rules, game schedules, league standings and other important info.
3. Attend a Team Rep / Board Meeting to learn more about the association and provide input on SCRA operations and activities.
4. Meet new people and learn about the organization by getting involved! See our page on volunteering for current volunteer opportunities. Are you new to ringette? Here are a few volunteer roles that may fit your comfort level:
- You can fulfill your volunteer requirements by working a casino shift.
- Do you have an accounting background? Contact our Treasurer to take part in the annual audit of our financial records.
- Join one of our committees to help plan our tournaments or Shaker fundraising event.
- Join our Photo Day committee or Come Try Ringette committee to help plan these fun and busy days!
5. All teams must supply off-ice officials at your games such as score sheet, timekeeper, and penalty box (and shot clock operator for U12 and above). These roles are part of supporting your team – they do not count toward your Volunteer Commitment. We encourage you to start early and learn how to do these roles. Here are some resources to help you:
- Off-Ice Officials Manual
- Shot Clock Information Sheet (for U12 and above)
- There are lots of videos online to learn how to run a score clock. This video was created for a hockey association but the concepts are the same: https://youtu.be/TjDzraZUW0E
New to Ringette or need a refresher?
Check out these videos from Ringette Alberta!