Welcome new and returning families! Registration for the 2020/21 season is now CLOSED, however we may accept some late registrations on a waitlist. Please contact our Registrar directly to inquire.
To register, click the “SportzSoft Member Login” button on this page to log into your member account or set up an account if you are new to SCRA. (Please read all the info below and check our Fee Details page and Refund Policy for more info before you register.)
Our COVID-19 Info Hub has links to the various Return to Ringette guidelines and related SCRA operations updates. Please be advised that our season plans are contingent on Return to Ringette guidelines and can quickly change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
CHILDREN’S RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our 2020/21 program for the Active Start, U10 and U12 age groups follows the format outlined by Ringette Alberta. Teams will compete in mini-league cohorts within our health zone as prescribed by the Ringette Alberta guidelines.
- Active Start age group for 5-6 yr olds will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a cross ice format.
- U10 Step 1 and U10 Step 2 age groups will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a half ice format.
- U10 Step 3 and U12 will play 5 v 5 plus goalies on a full ice format similar to previous seasons.
- More information can be found at https://southcalgaryringette.com/childrens-ringette/
CLASSIC RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our 2020/21 program for the U14 – U19 age groups will follow the same 5 vs 5 plus goalies format as previous seasons. Teams will compete in mini-league cohorts within our health zone as prescribed by the Ringette Alberta guidelines.
FAQs – common questions related to SCRA programs:
- Questions about registering your U12-U19 player as a Full-Time or Part-Time goalie? Check our Goalie Development page for some general info and FAQs.
- Questions about the evaluation process? Check our Evaluations page for more info.
- Can I play with my friend? Friend Request forms will be accepted for players in AS and players who are new to the sport. See the info on our Evaluations page for more details.
- Trying out for AA Ringette? Please register your player to hold their spot with SCRA in the event they are released from the AA Ringette program. We cannot guarantee availability if you register late. Simply register your player with SCRA as usual, but exit out of the SportzSoft program at the payment processing page. Your player registration will be recorded in our system and your account will show your registration as “Pending”. If your player is released from the AA Ringette program, please contact our Registrar immediately to notify us of your return and to bring your payment up to date before they can attend SCRA activities. (Players who advance to the cohort round of AA Tryouts and then are released from the program must wait 14 days before joining SCRA team activities.)
Ringette Calgary is pleased to offer the “Flex Ringette” program for U16/19 players as a more flexible alternative to the Classic Ringette program. Flex Ringette is operated by Ringette Calgary as a fully separate program. With the exception of goalies, players are not able to register in both Classic and Flex Ringette.
Questions regarding the FLEX Ringette Program? Please email email@example.com or visit https://ringettecalgary.ca/information/flex-ringette/
LATE REGISTRATION POLICY
SCRA cannot guarantee a position for players who miss registration. Late registrations will be placed on a wait list to be reviewed by SCRA and may be refused due to registration numbers. If accepted after evaluations have already taken place, late registrations will be placed on an appropriate team and will have the full support of the SCRA Board. For late registrations, please contact our Registrar directly to inquire.
SCRA understands that it can be difficult at times to juggle other extracurricular and family commitments during the season. SCRA operates on a non-fixed schedule. This means that a player may have conflicts with other commitments on any given night, as our ice allocation is not consistent or repeating.
As in any sport, we encourage families to please keep in mind that a player forms part of a team and a team is strongest when all players are present. We acknowledge that there may be times when a player is absent; but we hope that such absences are minimal, in order to strengthen the team, and maximize player development in both games and practices. Please refer to the SCRA Code of Conduct policy for more information.
Please also note that COVID-19 restrictions in our province require that individuals only participate in one “sport / performance cohort” at a time.