Welcome new and returning families! Please use our RAMP Registration link to register.
- Our registration area includes communities in the southwest quadrant of the city. See the registration map on Ringette Calgary’s website for more info.
- SCRA teams play in the Chinook League which is coordinated by Ringette Calgary. The regular season runs from September to March, with our registration typically opening in June or July until mid-August.
- Depending on the age group, players can expect 2 or more ice times per week (ie. AS can have 2 ice times per week, up to U19 can have 3-4+). Our season operates on a non-fixed schedule at a variety of arena locations.
REGULAR SEASON PROGRAMS (Sept – Mar)
If you already have an account with RAMP from other sports or programs, you will use that same RAMP account login to register with SCRA’s RAMP portal. If you do not have a RAMP account, you will need to set one up when you register with SCRA.
- Respect In Sport Parent Program certification is mandatory by Oct 15th. Players without a valid RIS Parent certification by that date will be suspended by Ringette Calgary. If you have a valid RIS Parent Program certificate, please enter your number in your parent profile during registration. See our Respect In Sport Parents page for info on how to look up your number or take the course.
- SCRA members must volunteer 100 credits per player to a maximum of 200 credits per family. Please see our Volunteering page for more info and available opportunities.
CHILDREN’S RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our program for the Active Start, U10 and U12 age groups follows the format outlined by Ringette Alberta. Teams compete in the Chinook League (formerly Zone 1-2-3 League) which is coordinated by Ringette Calgary.
- Active Start age group for 5-6 yr olds will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a cross ice format with small-size nets.
- U10 Step 1 and U10 Step 2 age groups will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a half ice format with small-size nets.
- U10 Step 3 will play 5 v 5 plus goalies on a full ice format.
- U12 will play 5 v 5 plus goalies on a full ice format with the introduction of shot clocks.
CLASSIC RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our program for the U14 – U19 age groups follow the format outlined by Ringette Alberta. Teams compete in the Chinook League (formerly Zone 1-2-3 League) which is coordinated by Ringette Calgary. Games are played on full ice in a 5 vs 5 plus goalies format.
(Players in U16 or U19 who are looking for a more flexible alternative to the regular Classic Ringette program may be interested in Ringette Calgary’s Flex Ringette Program. Flex Ringette is operated by Ringette Calgary as a fully separate program. With the exception of goalies, players are not able to register in both Classic and Flex Ringette. For more info: email email@example.com or visit https://ringettecalgary.ca/information/flex-ringette/ )
Regular Season FAQs
- Questions about registering your U14-U19 player as a Full-Time or Part-Time goalie? Check our Goalie Development page for some general info and FAQs.
- Questions about the evaluation process? Check our Evaluations page for more info.
- Can I play with my friend? Friend Request forms will be considered for players in AS and players who are new to the sport. See the info on our Evaluations page for more details.
- Trying out for AA Ringette? We cannot guarantee availability at SCRA for late registrations. Please select our AA tryouts payment option to hold your spot with SCRA. (This package will charge a small non-refundable admin fee to hold your spot with SCRA, with the remaining balance scheduled to be charged on Sept 10th after the Calgary AA Ringette tryout results are confirmed. NOTE – this does not register you with Calgary AA Ringette. This only reserves your spot with SCRA should your player be released. You must register with them directly for their program!) If your player is released from the Calgary AA Ringette tryouts, please contact our Registrar immediately to notify us of your return to ensure your player is added to our evaluations and your account is up to date. If your player is drafted to a Calgary AA Ringette roster, we will cancel the pending charge on your account for the remaining balance.
LATE REGISTRATION POLICY
SCRA cannot guarantee available space for players who miss registration. Late registrations will be placed on a wait list to be reviewed by SCRA and may be refused due to registration numbers. If accepted prior to evaluations begin, players will be required to attend the full evaluations process. If accepted after evaluations have already taken place, late registrations will be placed on an appropriate team and will have the full support of the SCRA Board. For late registrations, please contact our Registrar directly to inquire.
SCRA’s regular season operates on a non-fixed schedule at various arena locations. This means that a player may have conflicts with other commitments on any given night, as our ice allocation is not consistent or repeating.
We know that it can be difficult at times to juggle other extracurricular and family commitments during the season. As in any sport, we encourage families to please keep in mind that a player forms part of a team and a team is strongest when all players are present. We acknowledge that there may be times when a player is absent; but we hope that such absences are minimal, in order to strengthen the team, and maximize player development in both games and practices.