SPRING SEASON PROGRAM (Apr – May)
Please be advised that our spring program plans are contingent on AHS restrictions and can quickly change as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Watch our COVID-19 Info Hub for any updates.
We are excited to announce that SCRA will be launching a 6-week Spring Ringette program running from the beginning of April to mid-May. The focus of our Spring Ringette program will be to offer a chance for former teammates and friends to get together again on the ice, have fun, and be active playing the sport we all love. Registration will open SUNDAY MARCH 7th through your SportzSoft Member Portal account.
- Registration is open to 2020/21 SCRA members only
- One ice time per week at FCA
- Groups will consist of 8 players and 2 coaches
- We will attempt as best we can to keep 2020/21 teammates together where possible
- Group numbers are tightly capped for each age group. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration fee for all age groups is $125.00
Under the current AHS guidelines, we are planning for a fun skills and drills program, but as restrictions change so will the programming. Hopefully at some point in the program, we will be allowed to introduce scrimmages and we will do our best to plan the ice scheduling to accommodate this transition. If restrictions change and we are able to procure additional ice at another facility, we may look at expanding to offer a second ice time for a twice per week program.
REGULAR SEASON PROGRAMS (Sept – Mar)
Welcome new and returning families! Registration for the 2021/22 season will open this summer. Watch for announcements by email and on our social media.
To register, click the “SportzSoft Member Login” button on this page to log into your member account or set up an account if you are new to SCRA. (Please read all the info below and check our Fee Details page and Refund Policy for more info before you register.)
Our COVID-19 Info Hub has links to the various Return to Ringette guidelines and related SCRA operations updates. Please be advised that our season plans are contingent on Return to Ringette guidelines and can quickly change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
CHILDREN’S RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our program for the Active Start, U10 and U12 age groups follows the format outlined by Ringette Alberta. Teams compete in the Chinook League (formerly Zone 1-2-3 League) which is coordinated by Ringette Calgary.
- Active Start age group for 5-6 yr olds will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a cross ice format with small-size nets.
- U10 Step 1 and U10 Step 2 age groups will focus on the development of key skills and fundamentals through 3 vs 3 plus goalies game play on a half ice format with small-size nets.
- U10 Step 3 and U12 will play 5 v 5 plus goalies on a full ice format.
- U12 will play 5 v 5 plus goalies on a full ice format with the introduction of shot clocks.
CLASSIC RINGETTE PROGRAM – Our program for the U14 – U19 age groups follow the format outlined by Ringette Alberta. Teams compete in the Chinook League (formerly Zone 1-2-3 League) which is coordinated by Ringette Calgary. Games are played on full ice in a 5 vs 5 plus goalies format.
Regular Season FAQs
Common questions related to SCRA programs:
- Questions about registering your U12-U19 player as a Full-Time or Part-Time goalie? Check our Goalie Development page for some general info and FAQs.
- Questions about the evaluation process? Check our Evaluations page for more info.
- Can I play with my friend? Friend Request forms will be considered for players in AS and players who are new to the sport. See the info on our Evaluations page for more details.
- Trying out for AA Ringette? Please register your player to hold their spot with SCRA in the event they are released from the AA Ringette program. We cannot guarantee availability if you register late. Simply register your player with SCRA as usual, but exit out of the SportzSoft program at the payment processing page. Your player registration will be recorded in our system and your account will show your registration as “Pending”. If your player is released from the AA Ringette program, please contact our Registrar immediately to notify us of your return and to bring your payment up to date before they can attend SCRA activities.
Flex Ringette Program
Ringette Calgary is pleased to offer the “Flex Ringette” program for U16/19 players as a more flexible alternative to the Classic Ringette program. Flex Ringette is operated by Ringette Calgary as a fully separate program. With the exception of goalies, players are not able to register in both Classic and Flex Ringette.
Questions regarding the FLEX Ringette Program? Please email email@example.com or visit https://ringettecalgary.ca/information/flex-ringette/
LATE REGISTRATION POLICY
SCRA cannot guarantee a position for players who miss registration. Late registrations will be placed on a wait list to be reviewed by SCRA and may be refused due to registration numbers. If accepted after evaluations have already taken place, late registrations will be placed on an appropriate team and will have the full support of the SCRA Board. For late registrations, please contact our Registrar directly to inquire.
SCRA understands that it can be difficult at times to juggle other extracurricular and family commitments during the season. SCRA operates on a non-fixed schedule. This means that a player may have conflicts with other commitments on any given night, as our ice allocation is not consistent or repeating.
As in any sport, we encourage families to please keep in mind that a player forms part of a team and a team is strongest when all players are present. We acknowledge that there may be times when a player is absent; but we hope that such absences are minimal, in order to strengthen the team, and maximize player development in both games and practices. Please refer to the SCRA Code of Conduct policy for more information.