Unacceptable parent behaviour is one of the most common reasons that coaches, managers, officials and athletes leave a sport.
In addition to observing SCRA’s Code of Conduct policy and the True Sport Principles, all SCRA members are required by Ringette Calgary to complete the Respect in Sport Programs to assist in empowering and equipping ALL members to consistently demonstrate respect on and off the ice.
All SCRA families must complete the Respect in Sport for Parents program and adhere to the principles throughout the season. We expect all members to display respectful conduct to our officials, coaches, volunteers, players and opponents at all times – on and off the ice, during evaluations, at practices, at games, etc.
- Ringette Calgary has set a deadline of Oct 15 for each player to have a valid RIS Parent certification on their file. Players without a valid certification after that date will be suspended by Ringette Calgary effective Nov 1st until completed. (Please note that the Activity Leader RIS program certificate does not count toward the Parent RIS requirement.)
- Our RIS Volunteer will review the certificates of our registered players in the Ringette Calgary RIS database. RIS Parent certificates are valid for 3 years. Families who don’t have a valid RIS Parent certificate listed with SCRA (or it has expired by Oct 15) in the database will be contacted.
- If you have completed the certificate for a different sport organization (ie. hockey, soccer, etc.), please log into your account and share it with SCRA. Valid RIS Parent certificates from other organizations can be transferred into the Ringette Calgary RIS portal (see the Already Certified – Import Certificate box).
- If you have another child joining SCRA this year, or you have transferred from another association, you will need to link your certificate to them with SCRA.
- To look up your RIS certificate number and status, or to take the online course, please see: https://ringettecalgary.ca/information/ris/ris-parent/
More information is available at:
Questions? Please contact our RIS Coordinator at SCRArespectinsport@gmail.com