The SCRA Scholarship was established as part of our association’s belief that our young athletes are the key to continuing the sport of Ringette into the future. The SCRA Scholarship aims to encourage our athletes to support the sport of Ringette through playing, coaching, officiating and volunteering, and to continue playing Ringette while attending a post-secondary education program in Canada.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled full-time in a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. “Post-secondary institution” shall be defined as a university, community college, or technical institution.
- The applicant must be currently registered to play Ringette with a Ringette Association or club recognized by a provincial governing body.
- Applicants must have registered with South Calgary Ringette Association (including South Calgary registrants who played in formerly “SouthView”) as a player for a minimum of 2 seasons.
- Successful applicants will be those who have demonstrated sustained commitment to the sport of Ringette through playing, coaching, officiating, and other volunteer activities.
Our 2020/21 SCRA Scholarship Information & Application Package is now open! The 2020/21 SCRA Scholarship will once again award $1000 for the first place recipient and $500 for the runner up. Applications are due to our Scholarship Committee by March 1, 2021 and the recipients will be notified by March 15, 2021. Please see the info package for more info:
Want to know more about our SCRA Scholarship program? Read this blog post about our 2019/20 scholarship award winners!
Questions? Please contact our SCRA Scholarship Committee at: email@example.com
For information about other scholarship opportunities:
- Ringette Calgary: https://ringettecalgary.ca/information/scholarships/
- Ringette Alberta: https://ringettealberta.com/awardsandscholarships/
- True Sport Foundation: https://truesportfoundation.ca/lyle-makosky-values-and-ethics-in-sport-fund-application-form/