Team practice and game schedules will be posted through the SportzSoft system. (Please note that we are NOT using the RAMP Team App this season.)
See the Ringette Calgary website for info on Chinook League start dates.
Team Formation FAQs
How are teams formed? ► See the Evaluations page for info on how players are evaluated and teams are formed.
How are team sizes determined? ► In general, team sizes are impacted by our final registration numbers and many other factors:
- For cross/half ice teams, SCRA aims for the RAB recommended team size of 10-13 players.
- For full ice teams, SCRA aims for team sizes of 13 -15 players.
- HOWEVER, team size can be impacted by a number of factors including but not limited to:
- an awkward total number of players registered in an age group
- number of FT goalies available (U14-U19)
- number of teams permitted in each age group by RAB Tiering Policy and UAA results
- if any “cohort size” restrictions are required by public health orders
How are the number of teams in each age group / tier determined?
- AS: number of AS teams depends on total number of players registered in the age group
- U10-U14: number of teams in each U10 Step and U12/U14 tier is determined by number of players registered and the UAA team average results as per the RAB Tiering policy
- U16-U19: number of teams in each tier is determined by the RAB Tiering policy
Need help finding an arena?
Check out this link from Ringette Calgary: https://ringettecalgary.ca/league/arenas/