Volunteers carry out 100% of SCRA activities, making them an integral part of its success. We value and appreciate the personal time and energy that volunteers give to our organization.
SCRA members are required to provide 100 credits (or 8 hours) of volunteer time per player, to a maximum of 200 credits per family by April 30 of the current season. Members who do not fulfil the volunteer commitment will be charged a non-fulfilment penalty. Volunteers make our program possible, so we strongly encourage our members to support your athlete’s sport by fulfilling your volunteer commitment. Get involved and have some fun supporting your athlete!
- 2019/20 Volunteer Opt Out Fee: During the registration process, families can choose to opt out of the Association volunteer requirement. The fee for this is $325 per player, to a max of $600 per family. This does not relieve the family of team volunteer roles.
- 2018/19 Volunteer Non-Fulfilment Penalty: Anyone who has not honoured their Association volunteer requirements from the 2018/19 season will see an additional charge of $250 (the amount of last season’s opt out fee) on this season’s registration.
If you have any questions about volunteering with SCRA, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCRA – Volunteer Opportunities
In addition to the volunteer roles listed in our Volunteer Guide below, SCRA also has the following current needs:
1. South Calgary Community Association – helpers needed to set up the outdoor rink
2. Ring in the Holidays Tournament Volunteers – sign up for volunteer shifts
3. Esso Golden Ring Tournament volunteers – seeking 3 volunteers to help with packing day on Wednesday, January 15th approximately 12:30-4:30 pm.
Check our volunteer positions guide for more info or to view current volunteer opportunities with the SCRA organization. Check back regularly as new position descriptions are added and/or updated. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator to sign-up for a position or for additional information.
► To receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please ensure you are subscribed for “Operations Emails” in your SportzSoft settings.
Ringette Calgary – Volunteer Opportunities
The following opportunities with Ringette Calgary will count toward your SCRA volunteer credit. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you take on one of these roles.
1. U10 Step 2 / Step 3: Jamboree planning committee representative