Volunteers carry out 100% of SCRA activities, making them an integral part of its success. We value and appreciate the personal time and energy that volunteers give to our organization. Volunteers make our program possible, so we strongly encourage our members to support your athlete’s sport by fulfilling your volunteer commitment. Get involved and have some fun supporting your athlete!
- Volunteer Commitment: SCRA members are required to provide 100 credits (or at least 8 hours) of volunteer time per player, to a maximum of 200 credits per family by April 30 of the current season.
- Volunteer Opt Out Fee: During the registration process, families can choose to opt out of the SCRA volunteer requirement. The fee for this is $325 per player, to a max of $600 per family. This does not relieve the family of team support roles, such as serving as off-ice officials.
- Non-Fulfilment Penalty: Members who do not fulfil the volunteer commitment by April 30 of the current season will be charged a non-fulfilment penalty equivalent to the season’s opt-out fee.
If you have any questions about volunteering with SCRA, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities – SCRA
In addition to the volunteer roles listed in our Volunteer Guide below, we also highlight some current needs on this page. Check back regularly as new position descriptions are added and/or updated.
Immediate Vacancies — see the guide for descriptions:
- Conditioning Camp Coordinator (SHADOW / TRANSITION)
- Ice Acquisition Lead (SHADOW / TRANSITION)
- Coach Admin – shared role – 1 needed
- Evaluations Age Group Coordinators – 12 needed
- Treasurer (SHADOW / TRANSITION)
- VP Operations Classic
- VP Operations Facilities
- Casino Volunteers – Aug 11 and 12 – Sign up: https://signup.com/go/thKWqFz
- Conditioning Camp volunteers – see link for details to sign up!
- Evaluations Volunteers – sign up link to be posted in August
- Coaches / Asst Coaches – see application on the Coaches page
If you would like to shadow / assist a currently filled role, please let us know. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator to sign-up for a position or for additional information.
► To receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please ensure you are subscribed for “Operations Emails” in your SportzSoft settings.
Volunteer Opportunities – Ringette Calgary / Ringette Alberta
Volunteer opportunities with Ringette Calgary or Ringette Alberta also count toward your SCRA volunteer credit. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you take on a role with these groups. We may also post any current openings below – so please check back regularly.
MAY 28, 2021 ► Ringette Calgary has the following URGENT volunteer needs in order to ensure a 2021/22 season can happen. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator or our President ASAP if you are interested in any of these roles:
Executive Roles, 2 year terms:
- VP Finance
- VP Technical
- VP League
Director Roles, 1 year terms:
- Director of Sport Development
- Director of Sponsorship
- Director of Coaching Development
Role responsibilities are defined in this document, starting on page 6: https://ringettecalgary.ca/docs/OperatingPolicies.pdf