Volunteers carry out 100% of SCRA activities, making them an integral part of its success. We value and appreciate the personal time and energy that volunteers give to our organization. Volunteers make our program possible, so we strongly encourage our members to support your athlete’s sport by fulfilling your volunteer commitment. Get involved and have some fun supporting your athlete!
- Volunteer Commitment: SCRA members are required to provide 100 credits (or at least 8 hours) of volunteer time per player, to a maximum of 200 credits per family by April 30 of the current season.
- Volunteer Opt Out Fee: During the registration process, families can choose to opt out of the SCRA volunteer requirement. The fee for this is $325 per player, to a max of $600 per family. This does not relieve the family of team support roles, such as serving as off-ice officials.
- Non-Fulfilment Penalty: Members who do not fulfil the volunteer commitment by April 30 of the current season will be charged a non-fulfilment penalty equivalent to the season’s opt-out fee.
If you have any questions about volunteering with SCRA, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities – SCRA
2020/21 Update: This season we will need to adjust many of our volunteer opportunities and practices to ensure a safe season. We are reviewing our volunteer program to expand existing opportunities and add many new opportunities that will be required this season. We still need families to be involved, support their players and volunteer to make this season possible.
In addition to the volunteer roles listed in our Volunteer Guide below, we also highlight some current needs on this page. Check back regularly as new position descriptions are added and/or updated.
If you would like to shadow / assist a currently filled role, please let us know. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator to sign-up for a position or for additional information.
► To receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please ensure you are subscribed for “Operations Emails” in your SportzSoft settings.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to inquire about the following immediate volunteer openings. See the Volunteer Guide for the full role descriptions:
- Team Safety Officers (NEW) – oversee and support your team in ensuring safety protocols are met for each team event (ie. health screening in RAMP Team App, waivers completed, etc.)
- Manager Liaison – organize and run Manager Orientation meetings in Sept; provide guidance and support to team managers during the season; outgoing volunteer will stay on to train new volunteer
Volunteer Opportunities – Ringette Calgary / Ringette Alberta
Volunteer opportunities with Ringette Calgary or Ringette Alberta may also count toward your SCRA volunteer credit. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you take on a role with these groups. We may also post any current openings below – so please check back regularly.