Volunteers carry out 100% of SCRA activities, making them an integral part of its success. We value and appreciate the personal time and energy that volunteers give to our organization.
SCRA members are required to provide 100 credits (or 8 hours) of volunteer time per player, to a maximum of 200 credits per family by April 30 of the current season. Members who do not fulfil the volunteer commitment will be charged a non-fulfilment penalty. Volunteers make our program possible, so we strongly encourage our members to support your athlete’s sport by fulfilling your volunteer commitment. Get involved and have some fun supporting your athlete!
- 2019/20 Volunteer Opt Out Fee: During the registration process, families can choose to opt out of the Association volunteer requirement. The fee for this is $325 per player, to a max of $600 per family. This does not relieve the family of team volunteer roles.
- 2018/19 Volunteer Non-Fulfilment Penalty: Anyone who has not honoured their Association volunteer requirements from the 2018/19 season will see an additional charge of $250 (the amount of last season’s opt out fee) on this season’s registration.
If you have any questions about volunteering with SCRA, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCRA – Volunteer Opportunities
► To receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please ensure you are subscribed for “Operations Emails” in your SportzSoft settings.
SCRA Board and Program Volunteers: **Current needs include Board Secretary.
Check our volunteer postings for more info or to view current volunteer opportunities with the SCRA organization. Check back regularly as new position descriptions are added and/or updated. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator to sign-up for a position or for additional information.
Ringette Calgary – Volunteer Opportunities
The following opportunities with Ringette Calgary will count toward your SCRA volunteer credit. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you take on one of these roles.
All Calgary Ringette associations are obligated to provide Age Group Coordinators to Ringette Calgary. SCRA is the only association that has not fulfilled this obligation. We are in urgent need of volunteers to fill the following positions:
1) U12C – Age Group Coordinator
- Send out opening and closing season emails (letting the coaches know who the coordinator is, your contact information, information on reporting scores)
- Distribute Coach and Manager contact list between division
- Keep track of game results, statistics and standings. Report these to Ringette Calgary League Director upon request.
- Send updates through the year to your coaches on important dates, ie: tournament block out date, TRF (team roster form) entry date, etc.
- Keep track of major penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties, misconducts, match penalties, an accumulation of over 30 minutes in penalties by one team during one game, or any notations made by the referee on the game sheet. Know the player or coach repercussions based on the Rules and Regs, Section XI. Disciplinary Review Rule B Report to League director immediately.
- Time Commitment of up to 2 hours per week
2) U10 Step 2 and 3 – Age Group Coordinator
- Assist in organization of the Year End Jamborees