Volunteers carry out 100% of SCRA activities, making them an integral part of its success. We value and appreciate the personal time and energy that volunteers give to our organization. Volunteers make our program possible, so we strongly encourage our members to support your athlete’s sport by fulfilling your volunteer commitment. Get involved and have some fun supporting your athlete!
- Volunteer Commitment: SCRA members are required to provide 100 credits (or at least 8 hours) of volunteer time per player, to a maximum of 200 credits per family by April 30 of the current season.
- Volunteer Opt Out Fee: During the registration process, families can choose to opt out of the SCRA volunteer requirement. The fee for this is $325 per player, to a max of $600 per family. This does not relieve the family of team support roles, such as serving as off-ice officials.
- Non-Fulfilment Penalty: Members who do not fulfil the volunteer commitment by April 30 of the current season will be charged a non-fulfilment penalty equivalent to the season’s opt-out fee.
If you have any questions about volunteering with SCRA, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities – SCRA
In addition to the volunteer roles listed in our Volunteer Guide below, we also highlight some current needs on this page. Check back regularly as new position descriptions are added and/or updated.
If you would like to shadow / assist a currently filled role, please let us know. Please email our Volunteer Coordinator to sign-up for a position or for additional information.
► To receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities, please ensure you are subscribed for “Operations Emails” in your SportzSoft settings.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to inquire about the following immediate volunteer openings. See the Volunteer Guide for the full role descriptions:
- Conditioning Camp Coordinator (June – Aug) – plan and oversee pre-season conditioning camps in August; work with outgoing volunteer to transition into role
- Evaluation Age Group Coordinators (Aug – Sept) – work with a team to provide coordination support for evaluation ice sessions of an assigned age group; must be available for evenings and weekends throughout entire evaluation period; computer skills required for managing sessions and entering data in SportzSoft
- Tournament Lead (June – Dec) – join the current outgoing Tournament Lead volunteers to learn the role; coordinate the SCRA tournaments (Ava Esposito Memorial Tournament, Ring in the Holidays Tournament)
- Respect In Sport (RIS) Coordinator (Sept – Dec) – monitor Respect In Sport certifications to ensure parents and coaches are up-to-date; outgoing volunteer will stay on to train new volunteer
- Manager Liaison – organize and run Manager Orientation meetings in Sept; provide guidance and support to team managers during the season; outgoing volunteer will stay on to train new volunteer
- Casino Coordinator – liaison for SCRA and AGLC casino contacts; coordinate casino event and ensure reporting requirements are met; outgoing volunteer will provide support
Volunteer Opportunities – Ringette Calgary / Ringette Alberta
Volunteer opportunities with Ringette Calgary or Ringette Alberta may also count toward your SCRA volunteer credit. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you take on a role with these groups. We may also post any current openings below – so please check back regularly.