2020/21 Update: SCRA typically hosts two tournaments during the season which teams may choose to enter. We are currently working on plans for modified tournaments and coordinating with our fellow local associations. Stay tuned for announcements on our tournaments.
Teams are responsible to cover the entry fee into these tournaments out of their team funds.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- See details from the 2019 Ava Esposito Memorial Tournament
- See details from the 2019 Ring in the Holidays Tournament
Esso Golden Ring Tournament
2020/21 Update: For updates on the EGRT, please check their website at www.essogoldenring.ca
All SCRA teams are expected to enter Ringette Calgary’s Esso Golden Ring Tournament held in January each year in Calgary. The application form is typically available in late Sept / early Oct. Check the website for info at www.essogoldenring.ca. A few points to note:
- Teams are responsible to cover the entry fee into this tournament out of their team funds.
- Teams must provide volunteers to support the tournament, such as check-in table, scoresheet, timekeeper and shot clock volunteers. These roles may be considered for credits toward the SCRA Volunteer Bond. Managers will receive further information from the SCRA Volunteer Coordinator.
2020/21 Update: NO tournaments are permitted outside your Alberta Health Zone or outside your mini-league cohort teams.
Teams do not have to attend any out of town tournaments but most teams will choose to attend at least one. They are a fun way of bonding between players and parents. Here are a few tips:
- A list of sanctioned tournaments with application deadlines can be accessed on the Ringette Alberta website. You may want to ask parents which tournaments they would be interested in attending and if they have any financial concerns, availability issues or other considerations.
- Apply as soon as possible as there are closing dates to consider. Many tournaments fill up quickly and it can be difficult to get accepted.
- Be aware of the relevant Ringette Calgary and SCRA policies around Tournament Blocks, league game cancellations, and practice cancellations.
- Be sure to consider your team’s potential league playoff and provincial schedules before applying to tournaments in the 2nd half of the season.
- After your team has participated in a tournament, your manager MUST complete a Tournament Attendance Form on the Ringette Calgary website.
Ringette Calgary – Calgary City Championships
For the U12 and higher age divisions in Calgary, the season typically ends with a Zone 3 / City playoff tournament in February/March. (NOTE: We do not know the status of 2020/21 Zone 3 City Championships at this time.) A few points to note:
- The Ringette Calgary “City Championship” includes Zone 3 teams only and is a double knockout series.
- Seeding is based on team standings at the end of regular scheduled league games.
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with all the information in the Ringette Calgary rules & regulations, and other resources on the Ringette Calgary website. www.ringettecalgary.ca
Provincial Playdowns and Provincial Championships
Teams in U14 and older age divisions may choose to attend Ringette Alberta’s Provincial Playdowns. (NOTE: Provincials / Nationals / etc are not expected for the 2020/21 season under Alberta’s Stage 2.)
Teams must submit their “Commitment to Attend” the Playdowns tournament (and Championships should they qualify) by December 15th. The online form is available on the Ringette Alberta website. Teams are responsible to cover the entry fee into this tournament out of their team funds.
Teams that qualify through the Playdowns will move on to participate in the Provincial Championships. There is an additional entry fee for this tournament which teams are responsible to cover out of their team funds.
Dates and locations for the Playdowns and Championships will be posted on the Ringette Alberta website. For more information on Provincials, please visit www.ringettealberta.com.
U12 teams may choose to attend the season-end “Regional” championship tournament. Teams must submit their “Commitment to Attend” and entry fee by December 15th. (NOTE: Regionals are not expected for the 2020/21 season under Alberta’s Stage 2.)
- Info and online form: www.ringettecalgary.ca/u12-regionals/
- U12 Regionals Technical Manual: https://ringettecalgary.ca/u12-regionals-1/
Ringette Calgary – AS/U10 Friendship Tournament
For AS and U10 teams, the annual Friendship Tournament is a fun way to wrap up the season. This fun tournament is typically held in early/mid March while the older age divisions are participating in city, regional and provincial season-end playoffs. Keep checking the Ringette Calgary website for tournament info or contact the Ringette Calgary Children’s Ringette coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Teams are responsible to cover the entry fee, if any, for this tournament out of their team funds. Teams also traditionally exchange a small gift during the hand shake at the end of games (ie. some teams have handed out pencils, bookmarks, bracelets, etc.)